The Africa’s Agenda for Children to be adopted by the Committee presents measurable goals and priority areas to which the African Union and its Member States commit themselves for the coming 25 years. The Agenda is articulated around 10 Aspirations:
- Aspiration 1: The African Children’s Charter, as supervised by the African Children’s Committee, provides an effective continental framework for advancing children’s rights.
- Aspiration 2: An effective child-friendly national legislative, policy and institutional framework is in place in all member States.
- Aspiration 3: Every child’s birth and other vital statistics are registered.
- Aspiration 4: Every child is born alive and survives infancy.
- Aspiration 5: Every child grows up well-nourished and with access to the basic necessities of life.
- Aspiration 6: Every child benefits fully from quality education.
- Aspiration 7: Every child is protected against violence, exploitation, neglect and abuse.
- Aspiration 8: Children benefit from a child-sensitive criminal justice system.
- Aspiration 9: Every child is free from the impact of armed conflicts and other disasters or emergency situations.
- Aspiration 10: African children’s views matter.
Input on the draft Agenda and contribute to its adoption: